LGBTQ Patient-Centered TrainingFor the past several years, UCLA Health has been recognized as one of the "Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality" by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the country's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization. We are very proud of this distinction, and we are prepared to continue to lead the way in this area in the coming year and beyond.
We are offering employees expert training in LGBTQ patient-centered care via two methods: online or in-person.
Online: All online training is free. Participants may take as many or as few online courses as they would like. Employees who have previously participated may take additional courses. The online training topics range from the basics of LGBTQ patient-centered care to more specialized topics for clinicians. CME/CEU credits may be available after completing the training courses; please check with the relevant professional licensing body.
Click here to register as a new user with the National LGBTQ Health Education Center.
- Respond with "Yes" to "Are you seeking Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) training credit from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation?"
- Please enter your HEI Facility ID Number (see the grid below for the appropriate Facility ID number.)
- In order to receive credit, participants must view the webinar and complete the evaluation survey required for CME/CEU credit. More CME/CEU credit information is available at: https://www.hrc.org/hei/the-national-lgbt-health-education-center#Q-38471 (Click on "About CME/CEU Credits available for these webinars")
- If you already have an account, when logging in you will be prompted to update your information to receive HEI credit. Please take the time to enter your facility ID (see the grid below for the appropriate Facility ID number).
- For more detailed information about registering, please visit: How to Register for the National LGBT Health Education Center Webinars.
Click here to create an account with The Center for Affiliated Learning (The CAL).
- In addition to your personal information, please enter the Security Keyword (HRC), and your HEI Facility ID Number (see the grid below for the appropriate Facility ID number.)
- Once you have created an account, login to The CAL to access the training courses.
- In order to receive HEI and CME credit, a participant must complete all of the courses in the curriculum, pass the competency checks and submit the evaluation survey required for CME credit. More CME/CEU credit information is available at: https://www.hrc.org/hei/hei-training-on-the-cal#Q-38588 (click on "About CME/CEU Credits available for these trainings")
- All of the previous user accounts on The CAL have been reactivated. Previous users received an email about this with instructions on how to access their account again.
For more detailed information about registering as a new user, please visit: How to Register for The Cal.
- Option #1
In-person: CORE Training will be holding in-person sessions of "Affirming LGBTQ People Through Effective Communication." This highly-engaging, two-hour course will provide instructions on how to:
- Summarize key LGBTQ terms and definitions
- Explain the importance of effective communication principles for LGBTQ Health
- Discover how to use these terms and principles in relevant case scenario examples
For more information, including dates and location, please visit http://www.uclahealthtraining.org/Courses/Course/?CourseId=39.